Happy Mother's Day!

I was looking forward to making a blintz casserole.  For dinner.  It would have been lunch, but we went up (and by "up" I mean we hopped on Routes 18 then 9, followed by the Garden State Parkway for a leisurely 60 mile trip) to visit hubby's parents for Mother's Day and for lunch.  It gave MIL an excuse to break in the new BBQ grill.  Very nice grill by the way!  

Good thing we went up for lunch.  On our way back down the GSP, we passed about a million-mile backup going in the opposite direction.  If instead we had gone up for dinner at our usual time, we'd be having dinner at 10pm.  I haven't seen traffic like that since Thanksgiving.

Anyway, since we had meat for lunch, I was looking forward to making a blintz casserole.  For dinner.  Except I made the mistake of telling hubby that I was looking forward to making a blintz casserole.  For dinner.

"For dinner?" he repeated.

"For dinner," I answered.

"I really don't like blintzes," he replied.

"It's not really blintzes," I explained.  "It uses the same ingredients, but put together differently."

Hubby looked at me.  "That's really lunch food."

"Ok," I surrendered.  "How about Chinese food, instead?"

"Great!"

So the only thing I'm making tonight is a phone call.  Hello, Kosher Chinese Express?

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments