Corn Pudding Casserole - easy














This is the first in my irregular series of Thanksgiving dishes.  The recipe was sitting patiently in my folder, waiting for the right moment to spring upon my unsuspecting family test prior to Thanksgiving.

I was in the process of preparing oven-fried chicken (recipe to be posted tomorrow), when I realized that I needed a non-potato side-dish.  No strange and exotic reason.  I even had both potatoes and those of the instant persuasion in my possession.  Just wasn't in the mood for potato. 

Suddenly, it became The Right Moment.

Yum!  Another veggie to grace my Thanksgiving table!

By the way, Cujo took a self-guided tour of the neighborhood this afternoon.  Luckily, a friendly neighbor helped capture him.  Bad dog, no photo today.

Corn Pudding Casserole
Adapted from Gourmet Kosher Cooking
Serves 4

2 Tbl. margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1 bag (12 oz.) frozen corn kernels, defrosted














Preheat oven to 400F. 
In a 2 quart bowl (ignore what I was using here) place the softened margarine.  Since this recipe was a last-minute decision, I nuked the margarine for 30 seconds, about 5 seconds too long.














Add sugar and mix together.  Use a whisk for best results.














Mix in egg, flour, baking powder until smooth.  Use a whisk.  It's really a much more better tool for this purpose.














If I used a whisk, this mixture would be ever so much smoother.  Listen to me.  I'm a mom.  Do what I say, not what I do.














Stir in soy milk, salt, pepper and corn.  A spoon would have been good here.  But do ever I listen to me?  Noooooo ....














Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, or until top is nicely browned.














Serve alongside your entree of choice.

Comments

  1. How'd the family like the corn pudding? My mother-in-law served it once and while I liked the flavor, it was hard for me to get past the texture. Of course, seeing as it my MOTHER-IN-LAW, I mmmmm'ed over every bite I choked down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom Chef, you are a good daughter-in-law! :D

    My family liked it alot, but they happen to like corn alot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! Any spam or improper language will be detected and deleted.