Chai Latte Oatmeal - Easy


Tired of the same boring oatmeal?   Jazz it up with some chai!
So there I was, enjoying my morning cuppa chai when the *ding* from my microwave announced that my morning oatmeal was ready.  Of course because I was in autopilot, having stayed up late working on my  business cards to hand out at the Kosher Food Bloggers Conference, I didn't realize that theHubby used up the rest of the milk for his morning cereal. Took another sip of chai and suddenly realized that most of the chai spices, such as cinnamon and honey, are delicious additions to oatmeal in their own right.  Add in the flavor of tea, the result might be quite awesome! 


Nah!   I was just too lazy to open a new carton of coconut milk.   So I retrieved the oatmeal from the microwave and dumped in some of my chai.  And savored my new improved no-longer-boring breakfast.

Make chai tea latte with dairy milk, or add your favorite non-dairy alternative for a parve version.

Quantities are given as a guide, but since this ain't a cake feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking.  For example, toss on some sliced almonds or sub dried cranberries for the raisins.


Chai Oatmeal - Easy
Yield:  1 serving

1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal (rolled oats)
3/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup chai tea latte, or more to taste
1 Tbl. raisins or cranberries
1 Tbl. sliced almonds, for garnish

Combine oatmeal and water in a heat-safe bowl.  Microwave at full power for 1 minute, then at 60% for 2 minutes (or according to package directions).

Carefully remove hot bowl from microwave.  Stir in salt and chai tea latte.  Top with raisins and almonds.  Serve hot.

Comments