Most Popular Recipes of 2012

Happy secular new year!  It took an entire week, but I, with caffeinated days and sleepless nights (caused by caffeinated days), somehow managed to compile the following top 10 list of the most popular recipes of 2012.

Sorry, I told a fib there.  With the help of Google Analytics, it really took only 50 seconds to bang out a list.  Would have taken even less time, but I didn't bother reading the directions.  That's how easy it was.    I would have enjoyed this toy even if theDaughter didn't work for Google.  If you, Dear Reader, happen to have a blog of your own, then you can churn out a whole mess of fun stats about your readership.

Before I reveal the recipes, I want to share with you my very favorite post.  Which of course is not in the top 10.  Or 25.
















Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches.  These one bite wonders are from 2011, but are so much my favorite that I made the recipe again just a couple weeks ago as my contribution to a retirement party at my day job.  This photo is from the tea, which means I can count it this year ... my list, my rules.

Oy, the pressure!  Enough with the intro already.  Here is the Top 10, in reverse order.


















10.  Roasted Strawberry, Brie and Chocolate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.  This initially strange combination is lunch and dessert all rolled into one.  I still haven't gotten around to trying this with goat cheese.  Maybe next year ...


















9.  Chocolate Covered Bananas.  I usually just freeze banana chunks then dip 'em into chocolate sauce.  This is way neater.













8.  Challah Bread Pudding. I also have a slow-cooker version, but this baked one was much more popular.















7.  Low Fat Fudge Brownies.  Six tablespoons of butter are replaced by 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese, yet these brownies look and taste as if an entire stick of butter were used. 














6.  Slow Cooker Chuck Roast.   The taste belies the ease of making this recipe.  If the meat had bones, it would be falling off 'em.















5.  Vegan Almond Rice Pudding.  Although in the original post I sang the praises of this dessert,  I think it would taste even more awesome if it were made with rice milk instead.
















 4.  Congee (Chinese rice soup).  Because you simmer this soup until the rice falls apart, it is almost impossible to overcook.














3. Cheesecake-Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  It's amazing how such a simple dessert could pass for a gourmet treat.  Make a few hours in advance, then serve straight from the fridge.  Then watch everyone swoon with delight.















2. Slow Cooker Mushroom Parmesan Risotto.  A relatively quick recipe for a slow cooker, just a couple hours.  But unlike regular risotto, you don't have to stand there constantly stirring and feeding broth to the rice.  Garnishing with extra parm cheese really makes a difference.


And now ... the most popular recipe for 2012 is

drumroll ...



















1.  Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing.  This simple recipe hails from 2011, but continued to reign supreme the following year as well ... beating second place risotto by a whopping100K views!


There you have it, Dear Reader!  May your 2013 be healthy, happy and prosperous!



















Hey!  I thought there'd be something here for me!

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! Great round up of recipes...love to see the Low Fat Fudge Brownies made the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it did ... it IS your recipe, after all. Happy New Year, Asiya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated! Any spam or improper language will be detected and deleted.